(1) What is Magnesium Oil for?
Magnesium oil is a topical application of Magnesium Chloride to boost and replenish the level of Magnesium in your body.
(2) How does topical Magnesium work?
Absorption commences immediately upon contact with the skin once you apply it, rapidly restoring healthy levels of Magnesium. Consistency is the key.
(3) Why can topical applications of Magnesium Chloride be effective?
The skin has the ability to absorb substances that are then carried by the circulatory system around the body. Transdermal application allows Magnesium to be absorbed rapidly through the skin, entering the cells immediately. It is by far the fastest, safest and most effective way of boosting your magnesium levels. It is also proven to work FIVE TIMES faster than oral magnesium.
(4) Is Bonne Huile’s magnesium ‘oil’ actually an oil?
Actually it is not. Eventhough people have been referring trasdermal magnesium as ‘oil’, it is not an oil in structure. Magnesium “oil” is a term that was coined early in the development of transdermal magnesium therapy, referring to the hydroscopic nature (attracts water molecules) of a highly saturated solution of magnesium chloride in water along with other trace elements. This solution presents itself in an oil-like texture, when it’s actually a combination of Magnesium and water.
(5) Where does Bonne Huile’s magnesium come from?
Bonne Huile’s Magnesium Oil is extracted from Zechstein Sea in Northern Europe, the purest and most pristine source of natural magnesium chloride in the world. It is the most coveted source of naturally occurring magnesium chloride in existence. For more information, please visit www.bonnehuile.com
(6) Is Magnesium Oil safe and free from harmful ingredients like Paraben or SLS?
Bonne Huile’s topical magnesium products are completely free of preservatives, fragrances, lead, mercury, or any harmful ingredients.
(7) Why do I experience some tingling when I apply the Bonne Huile’s magnesium oil?
Some users of magnesium oil with sensitive skin may experience tingling and/or slight irritation at the site of application due to the high concentration of magnesium chloride. This is completely harmless.
Some also experience tingling sensation as a sign of Magnesium deficiency. The tingling sensation is caused by the magnesium, which is a large molecule being rapidly absorbed through the epidermis.
This however shall pass after several and constant applications.
(8) Can I be allergic to Magnesium Oil?
It is important to note that one can’t have allergic reaction to the magnesium, as it is naturally found within the body and is essentially vital for good health. A tingling sensation can either be a sign that the body’s cellular magnesium levels are low, sensitive/dry/broken skin, or the amount of Magnesium applied at one time.
(9) How do I reduce the tingling effect after applying Magnesium Oil since I have a very sensitive skin?
There are various ways to reduce the reaction, which are ;
- Dilute the magnesium oil 1:1 with pure spring water.
- Apply only a small amount to any individual skin area. Massage in well.
- Apply after a shower onto wet skin, while pores are open.
Mix with your favourite organic lotions.
Little but often is the key. Massage in and wait for a minute or so then try a little more. Another option is to use our magnesium product in foot soaks and/or full body soaks (magnesium flakes), which offer a gentler form of transdermal magnesium therapy, for those with extremely sensitive or broken skin.
(10) When is the best time to use Bonne Huile’s Magnesium Oil and Magnesium Flakes?
We recommend applying Magnesium Oil at night before bedtime, and in the morning after bath, when the pores are open. However, the key to applying transdermal magnesium is whenever it feels comfortable.
Magnesium Flakes can provide a gentle solution to raising your levels eventhough they have a lower concentration of the solution. You can use it 2 to 3 times a week in your bath. It is suitable especially for those with skin problem ie eczema or psoriasis.
(11) Where are the best areas to apply Bonne Huile’s Magnesium Oil?
We recommend applying on soles of feet as absorption occurs more rapid from contact with the skin at the area. You can also use it on your armpit, replacing your deodorant as constant use can eliminate body odour.
The magnesium, once absorbed into the skin, is circulated around the body so there is no direct need to focus just on a single area. However, once your magnesium levels begin to rise you will find areas that were sensitive before are no longer.
(12) Could I experience a laxative effect like oral magnesium supplements with Bonne Huile’s Magnesium oil?
No, you possibly couldn’t as there is little to no potential for a laxative effect. This is a fundamental advantage of using Bonne Huile’s magnesium product topically, as your skin can naturally self-regulate the absorption of minerals, and therefore overuse is of little concern.
(13) Should I continue using other magnesium supplements orally if I am also using Bonne Huile’s magnesium oil (topically)?
This would depend on individual choices. A lot of people chose Bonne Huile’s Magnesium Oil to avoid the inconvenience of taking pills and the side effects as some experience loose stools, diarrhoea or GI upset when taking oral supplements.
This is again, a matter of personal choice.
For those who do have limited tolerance, Bonne Huile’s magnesium oils provides much needed additional magnesium without side effects, and works faster than oral supplementations.
(14) Do I need to shower or rinse the magnesium off after using it?
In roughly 20 minutes, your skin can take full advantage of topically applied magnesium, and it may be safely removed at that point if you wish to do so.
(15) Are there any precautions to take while using Bonne Huile’s magnesium oil?
Avoid using Bonne Huile’s magnesium oil near mucus membranes such as the eyes and nose, which can cause some irritation.
If you are using Bonne Huile’s magnesium on broken skin or lesions (i.e. psoriasis, eczema, acne, etc.) it is strongly advised to begin with magnesium baths until the skin had a chance to start healing and become less sensitive to the higher concentration of magnesium chloride in the oil.
(16) I am under a prescribed medication. Will there be any contraindications with using Magnesium Oil?
There are no contraindications with any of Bonne Huile’s transdermal magnesium products. However, you may want to check with your doctors for further clarifications.
(17) Can I use Bonne Huile’s Magnesium Oil during pregnancy?Absolutely! In fact, there is no restrictions on dosage levels with Magnesium Oil when you are pregnant or lactating. All our other Magnesium products are suitable during pregnancy and breastfeeding. In fact, studies have shown that those who use Magnesium Oil consistently while conceiving to have a lower chance of severe morning sickness or cramping during pregnancy.
(18) Is Bonne Huile’s transdermal mineral magnesium product safe to use with children?Of course! We have even received great success stories on applications on children as young as 12 months old. They are not only safe, but also highly therapeutic and can calm even the most restless young ones. You may want to consider adding Magnesium Flakes into their baths as well once a week.
(19) Where can I purchase Bonne Huile’s topical magnesium products?
Bonne Huile’s magnesium products are only available at www.bonnehuile.com.